Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I am a Gryffindor. Hear me roar!

This post is fueled by a 3 hour long game play of Lego Harry Potter, Years 1-4 on Wii with the Boyfriend tonight.

Anyone who knows me for more than 5 minutes will know that I love Harry Potter.

I have the tiny Potter stars from the American Edition Book tattooed on my shoulder blades and am planning on another, bigger, Potter related tattoo soon.  If you don't know which stars I'm referring to, pick up any of the 7 books, look on the top of each page.  Those stars...but of course blown up to a good size.

I'm a Beta user over at Pottermore and was officially sorted into Gryffindor back in August!
Here's a cell phone photo of my sorting results:


If you are on Pottermore, by the way, feel free to friend me. Screen name is ScarletMist170. Boyfriend is HawthornePotion170.

I fell in love with Harry Potter 10 years ago at the tender age of 15 after seeing The Sorcerer's Stone.
At the time, I wasn't interested in the series at all, but it was the only movie on Thanksgiving day in 2001 that had tickets at the specific time my parents and I walked up to the ticket booth. It looked interesting, so we got tickets and went in.
I walked out after the movie with stars in my eyes.

The next day, we all went shopping for groceries at our local Walmart. I begged my mom for a a copy of the Sorcerer's Stone book, and I got it. I was such a spoiled little girl.
I read through it rather quickly, and whenever my parents could, they got me the books that were out at the time, which was up to the Goblet of Fire.

I attended every midnight release from then on out for the next movies and for books 5-7.  My friends and I made this a point and would go as group to get our book or to watch them come to life on screen.
I collected shirts, sweaters, bags, and even a light up Hermione wand.

This last summer was the release of the last movie, The Deathly Hallows. I think I'm still in denial that the whole thing is over.  Sure, the books were over in 2007, but the movies gave us rabid fans something to look forward to.

It will never be over for me. This, I know is true.  I make sure to read the entire series once a year since I started reading them.  It's almost as if my brain plays a stint of selective amnesia when I read them over, because I conveniently forget the plots of the books and get excited all over again.   I'm so excited that 2012 is coming up in a few days because that means I can read them over again once I finish my current list of books!  I'm a huge reader, if you didn't already know that.  :)

I will leave you with this dorktastic photo of me fake reading my book. :)


“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
J.K. Rowling

11 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. Harry Potter. Love. I love JK Rowling, and I want her brain. I could read the entire series over and over again, and NEVER get bored. Those books are in a league of their own, and when I found out that one of my English courses actually teaches these books, I nearly had a heart attack of excitement. You go girl!

    PS, I found you on 20SB, and I'm your newest follower. Team Potter for life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you have a school teaching this! I would love that opportunity! Did you, or will you, be taking the class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Harry Potter series and I just didn't love it. I desperately wanted to love it but I didn't. I think maybe because I read it straight after Twilight which I absolutely adored. Are you a Twilight fan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. Not at all. I think its fine for others to like it, but i just don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Harry Potter. I couldn't even bring myself to see the final two movies because I DO. NOT. WANT. them to be over. Ever.

    And, like you, I re-read the books all the time. It's like visiting an old friend! And her books are such a wonderfully inviting read.

    Like Tina, I also found you on 20SB. Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I have never read Harry Potter O.o I know kill me now! Lol jk. But my hubby is a huge fan. I did read the first one when I was 14 or so but my mom quickly put an end to it once she found out it was about "magic" (she went through this little house on the prarie stage where everything not of God was evil...)

    I actually have been thinking of reading them through since I've seen all the movies! And I think I have a book or two from the hubby on my shelf somewhere =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. found your blog from the female bloggers on the 20 something bloggers site...also an HP fan! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love meeting people in 20sb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. why is "tattoos" one of your tags for this post? do you have a harry potter tattoo? :o if yes, i think that's incredibly cool! and i will always be a potter fan albeit not quite as hardcore as you, i don't think.

    i've been hearing so much about this pottermore site. reckon i just might check it out after i'm done with this comment, heh. thanks for the motivation i guess? ;P

    happy (early) new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @m.ng - yes, I mentioned the tattoos in the beginning of the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you on 20sb and am a fellow Potter lover! I started reading when my aunt gave me the first 3 for Hannukah and I. was. hooked. Without HP I wouldn't be such an avid reader as I am now. Excited to follow your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...