Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some family time.

I love being an aunt.
I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and this weekend, my brother, sister-in-law and nephew came down to visit.

My family lives far away from my little corner of South Texas, so seeing them is usually a big deal.  This nephew, Zeke, is now 9 years old, and the last time I saw him was when he was 7.

The boyfriend and I decided to take Zeke out for Ice Cream at what is apparently "the-hottest-hang-out-like-OMG" in my hometown, Bass Pro Shop. 
My brother is a big hunting/fishing/camo enthusiast, and Zeke shares this interest, so I figured he would like going there for Ice Cream and a little shooting at the arcade shooting game.

Zeke on an ATV outside the store.

 If there was ever a time I wish I had taken my DSLR camera anywhere, this would've been one of them. The point-and-shoot I carry in my purse simply isn't fast enough or powerful enough to capture the sheer delight on Zeke's face when he walked in the store.

The boy was so excited to see all the animals along the walls and seeing how big moose antlers can get.
Since I had my less-than-adequate camera, this is the only photo I was able to get of his excitement:


Such a cutie!
He made a bee line for the giant tank of fish toward the back of the entrance, and was awed by the giant alligator gar and catfish in the tank.  It was adorable to see how excited he was!

I was lucky to get this photo. He wouldn't stop running around trying to follow the fish. Ah!

The shooting games were fun.  He's got a pretty good aim going on. I didn't see him play much, since these guys selling Time Shares suckered me into talking to them and wouldn't not let me leave, but from the little I did see, he was pretty good!

Then finally we got ICE CREAM!  I love the waffle cones at this place. They are so YUMMY! 
Yes, I know I'm  doing the calorie counting mambo, but I ate low cal all morning and afternoon to be able to indulge in a yummy waffle cone and ice cream.  :)


I love this photo.  But my DSLR would've taken it so much better at a low F-Stop!
The little man then did what all nephews do to their aunts: he suckered me into buying him a toy.
I gave him a $15 limit, and he picked a Cozy Critter, which is the Bass Pro Shop's answer to Build-A-Bear.

He got an awesome little white tiger he named Steve. Steve is awesome and firece.

stuffing the tiger with stuffing :)

Steve doesn't like being ignored. Big hugs for Steve.
Then the whole family got together for dinner at the restaurant attached to the store, The Fish Bowl.  First time trying it and it was pretty decent. 

Zeke also started calling the Boyfriend "Uncle Paul," which he thought was awesome.  My brother says that means he is officially knighted  into the family.  Haha!

My brother and lovely sister-in-law.

I hope he had fun.  :)
I need to see my other kiddos before they get too old and hanging out with their aunt and their uncle at Ice Cream Shop becomes uncool!!

3 comments:

  1. I told my sister in 7 years she better give Ava a cousin. I told her it'd be funny if they were exactly 7 years apart, cause that's how many we are! Looks like he had a ball of fun! Oh, and GO PAUL for being Knighted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT? THEY HAVE ICE CREAM AND WAFFLE CONES THERE? IM GOING TONIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed your bonding time with him :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...