Sunday, February 19, 2012

Up in the air.

Yesterday was my first time on a plane.

As most of you know, the Boyfriend and I are photographers by profession.  One of our photography clients flew us out to Houston to join in the celebration of their daughter's 2nd birthday and photograph the event.  First off, it was surreal to have a client fly us out. That means they must really like us, and that makes me so happy!

The birthday party was a ton of fun. It was a bit rainy, but when did rain ever hamper the fun a child has?

My first time on a plane was interesting. The flight from Harlingen to Houston is only an hour flight, so that's a plus.
There was a lot of turbulence heading into Houston since it was rain storming. WOW that was scary.  It was like an old wooden roller coaster, but without the safety of knowing the floor in 20 feet below me.

The good thing is that I was able to pull my small camera out of my bag (big camera was stored overhead and I couldn't get up) and snap a couple of photos of what could be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.



 Seeing the clouds, the sky, and the sun at that level was beautiful.

The flight back was great. Clear skies, no turbulence. I was able to see the entire coast of Texas from Houston to South Padre at night with big bright lights. It was beautiful.  Didn't get photos of that though..i was too busy dozing in and out of sleep after a busy day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the view! I'm not a fan of flying, but maybe my trip to San Diego might not be so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of them to fly you out there! I admire you for having made a career out of something you love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...