Thursday, July 19, 2012

Backstreet Boys, OMG! An appreciation post.

I'm going to be 26 in August (oh dear, I'm old), and every time I hear or see the Backstreet Boys, it's like I'm 12 again.

Gosh, these boys were my life in middle school!
Seriously, I love these boys.
I still have all my original CDs from the 90s and purchased all the recent ones - even the ones without Kevin - just to support them. 

My walls were littered with BSB posters when i was a kid. All four walls, behind my door, part of the ceiling (until my mom had me take those down)...everywhere.  I would get issues upon issues of Teen Beat, Tiger Beat, Bop, and whatever other teen magazine just to get the posters and fangirl over them.

This was me fangirling at 12 years old. I'm sure it look very much like this. 

The recent news that Kevin is BACK in the group was just mind blowing to me.  And - omg - they are making a new album together! All on the eve of their 20th anniversary of being a group!  My heart, and the 12 year old girl in me are just overjoyed!

From the Backstreet Boys Instagram (@backstreetboys) account.

(what, you didn't know Kevin was back and that a new album is in the works? READ NOW!)

And now the boys will be getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame! 

OMG



What makes me happy is seeing how much love and support BSB gets from their fans. Fans like myself who just love them since puberty, new fans who are just now discovering them...it's amazing.

I saw their Good Morning America interview on July 17 (watch) and to see the news reporters dance and get GIDDY after the boys sing I Want It That Way is just so heart warming.  it shows that once you're a Backstreet Boys fan, you're always a fan!

KTBSPA!


This will be us one day, guys.  This will be us.





3 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOVE this post! :) love love love backstreet boys! & i saw that interview on good morning america too and just about peed my pants. i just want them to go on tour again JUST THEM & i'll SOOOOO be there !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BSB! I'm not going to lie - I checked what day August 31st was to see if I needed to request time off work to watch their GMA special. Obviously, nothing has changed with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love BSB! I actually just went through a lot of my childhood things that were left at my parents and found all my old BSB CDS. Definitely gotta get those put on my iTunes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...