Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Boyfriend will hereforth be known as The Fiancee.

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS.  Paul popped the question!

It's only fitting that the first post I make in weeks is something this awesome.

Cue the excitement GIFs:





So, I know a lot of people will be asking "OMG how did he ask you?!" in the next coming days, so read on if you want to know!

Back track to the early part of Wednesday:

We were trying to figure out what to do for July 4th...should we go to the city's Fourth of July celebration event here? Stay in and just make it a movie night? Then Paul suggested maybe we go out to South Padre for dinner, a firework show, and a walk on the beach.

Since we hardly ever go to our lovely beach, I was game.

We got there and went to one of our favorite restaurants, Parrot Eyes. It was so nice out, so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunset. :)

the view from the deck where we sat.
This is the only photo he let me take of him all night.  He's so adorable.
Dinner was filling and yummy.  By the time we were done, there was about 20 minutes to go before the firework show, so Paul suggested we head out to the beach to get an awesome view while the waves came up to our feet.

Only we didn't plan the beach walk too well.  The firework display apparently happens near the beginning of the Island strip, and we went to Beach Access #3 toward the back of the Island.  But that didn't matter, we walked along the side of the shore waiting for the show to start hand-in-hand and talking about anything and everything.

It was so dark and alone!  Very few people were on this part of the beach, mainly due to the darkness. The moon hadn't come up all the way yet and was a deep orange near the horizon and a few stars lighted the sky.   Beautiful night.

We walked and walked and kept checking the time to see how long it would be until 9:15pm for the show to start, and Paul started said "don't worry. just because the fireworks haven't started yet doesn't mean it's not coming." This was his clue.

Then they started. Red, blue, white, green, pink...half of them blocked by resorts, but still visible from our faraway patch of beach.  We hugged, kissed, and just enjoyed each other for the moment.

He started hugging me closer and then whispered "So what do you say?"
I asked him "Say to what?"  I honesty didn't know what he was asking.
He slipped his hand in his pocket and slid the ring on my finger wordlessly.
I was surprised!  "Really?" I managed to ask before I started crying.  He started to laugh saying he didn't think I would cry...haha! 
He thought the girl who cries to Baby commercials and who weeps uncontrollably during America's Got Talent wouldn't cry. Silly Paul.

I think we stayed quiet for a few moments, then he said "So what do you say?"
"yes!" i said while sniffling, a few tears going down my face at this point.

More hugging, more kissing...then Paul, being the silly one that he is, said "so when do we tell Facebook?"

Ha!

Yea, facebook had to wait until we both had the chance to tell our parents and siblings (which we did!).

I told him I wanted to dance with him on the beach. It was too windy to have been able to hear the phone's music, so we sang.  We sang and danced to Darren Criss's song Not Alone...which is the song we picked months ago as our wedding song (yes, we've talked about marriage before today).
I bet Darren Criss would be so proud to now we love his song that much. 

Sorry, i had to!


Then we walked back to the car in what was possibly the scariest 5 minutes of my life.  Why? Because at night, our beach is infested with Ghost Crabs.


oh gosh, they scare me.  So the whole walk back, I clung to his arm while lighting the path with our cell phone lights.

After arriving at the car without getting attacked by crabs, we headed to the bar and grill down the street to listen to a band play for bit before heading home.  :)


I bet anyone reading this wants to see the ring, right?

The photo I sent to my siblings right away!  and WHOA man hands.  ban angle!


yay!

Are we happy? Yes, indeed!  We've been together for a little over 5.5 years, so I'm sure those who were expecting it are just as happy!

<3

9 comments:

  1. MAZEL TOV!!! We also got engaged on July 4th, five years ago. May it lead you to the same happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, but I am so happy for you :) Congrats and good luck to your new life ahead!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i am so happy for you! Congratulation....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...