Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why did I wait so long to watch Game of Thrones?

Because I'm an idiot, that's why!



About 3 weeks ago, i started watching the series, and finally finished it up yesterday.
Umm...wow. I loved it.

If you don't know what Game of Thrones is, go watch it. Seriously.  HBO has the episodes on their site, or you can view them elsewhere.  Just watch it.

Back story in case you need it:
Game of Thrones is an American medieval fantasy television series created for HBO. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, George R. R. Martin's series of fantasy novels, the first of which is titled A Game of Thrones.  Set in the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, Game of Thrones chronicles the violent dynastic struggles among the kingdom's noble families for control of the Iron Throne; as the series opens, additional threats from the snow and ice covered region north of Westeros and from the eastern continent, Essos, across a narrow sea are simultaneously beginning to rise.  [x]

I've always had a fascination for medieval age fantasy, so the show sucked me in immediately.  Add in two awesome characters to root for, and BAM! I'm hooked!

Arya Stark
 I have an immense love for the characters Arya Stark and Jon Snow.  

Little Arya is a bad ass little girl who does not want to grow up and be princess or queen like her sister, Sansa, does.  She wants to be free to do what she wants and learn to sword fight.  She is just what every little girl should aspire to be: herself.

and Jon...well he is a bit of eye-candy, no?  I love how noble he is to the Stark family. He is a Stark through-and-through. 

Jon Snow

I'm also a member of the I Hate Joffery Fan Club.  This boy is a selfish brat who has no right to the iron throne!



 I hope someone axes his head in Season 3 or I will be sooooo angry!  (I haven't read the books...does he die, or at the very least lose the throne?!)  His evilness just burns me from the inside.  But the fact that he is such a mama's boy amuses me. 



This wasn't much of an informative post. I realize that.  I guess I just needed to publicly announce that I an now a GoT fan.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...